Friday, January 3, 2014

Five on Friday- 5 Things for 2014

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

I'm not sure if I would call these resolutions or not, but I do feel like the first of the year is a great time to evaluate yourself and figure out what you should do more of, what you should do better, etc. I guess I would call these my 2014 goals.

1. Take time to smell the roses.

I have a really hard time actually relaxing. In my mind, there's always something to do, something to clean, something to organize, etc. It's called having a bit of OCD :) I really want to try to sit back, enjoy and relax more this year. I need to learn that certain things can wait and enjoy my family and my little one while she's still little!

2. Become more focused in Church and Bible Study.

I will say that it's so hard to really focus in Church when you have a little one that doesn't cooperate. We are constantly trying to entertain her, keep her quiet, etc. Now that she's getting older, I really hope and pray that we can find some way to keep her entertained and quiet during Church, so we can really focus on the message and not have to worry about taking her out every Sunday. Also, now that she goes to Bible Class after Church, we can really get involved and focus on the teachings during Bible Study/Bible Class.

3. Get back to a set workout routine.

I'm sure this goal or something similar is on everyone's list. I have really been slacking on the working out this past month. Now that we are getting back into a normal routine though, I'm going to start going back to the gym 4 days a week. It makes me feel better and just gives me more energy overall.

4. Have more of a "glass half full" attitude.

I tend to be more of a glass half empty kind of person. I'm not necessarily negative- I just tend to worry about things a lot instead of just having faith that things will turn out the way they should. I hope to be able to change this in 2014.

5. Have more patience.



And, just for fun, I thought this was hilarious.

3 comments: