Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014 and Christmas Recap

Happy New Year to everyone! I was off work for a little over a week for Christmas, so I decided to take a break from blogging and other internet-related activities while I was off. It was very nice not to be tied to a computer everyday! Now that we are at the start of the new year, back to work and back in the swing of things, I thought I would post some fun pictures and a brief recap of our Christmas holiday!

I was off work from December 21-December 30, and Clint was also able to take off the whole time I was off, aside from Christmas Day. It was so nice to all be home together and be able to relax and have several days with no real agenda. I will say that we were all a little under the weather at some point during our vacation. Harper had a terrible runny nose and was just really cranky. Clint has been dealing with sinus and throat stuff, but he's finally getting better. Thankfully, I only felt bad for about a day with sinus/allergy stuff, but it's still no fun to be sick while you are on vacation!

I did a little shopping on Christmas Eve and stocked up on some Christmas decorations for next year. For the past two years, we have been borrowing Clint's aunt's Christmas tree, but she will need it back next year because hers broke. I went ahead and ordered a tree on sale the day after Christmas and since we are going from a 7.5 foot to a 9 foot, I wanted some extra decorations to fill in the new tree. I really hate buying holiday decorations right before or after a holiday because you don't get to enjoy them until the next year. However, that is the best time to get great prices on those items.

My cousin, Ashley, and her husband and daughter were in town for Christmas, so we planned for the four of us adults to go on a "date" last Friday night. We went to the Fuji Japanese Steakhouse, and it was delicious! Although life is busy, especially around the holidays, I try to spend as much time as I can with her when she is in town. I wish she lived closer though because she is my best friend, and I miss having her around to do stuff with.

Aside from all of this, we had Christmas about 6 times last week between Saturday-Saturday, so we were exhausted by the end of it all! Harper was as well :)


Clint's cousin lives in Dallas and has two little girls- one is 4 and the other is about 20 months. They were also in town for Christmas, so Harper had lots of fun playing with them!


On Christmas Day, we went to Heber to see family and Harper decided to dress up like a yodeling elf! Haha


To say this little girl is spoiled is an understatement. I can't even list everything that she got for Christmas. She does love all her new toys, although she wasn't really getting the concept of opening all of them. We basically had to open them for her; then she would play with them. My house looks like a daycare. Here she is in her new ball pit!


Harper has also become quite the climber. She can now climb up on the couch and the ottoman, so sometimes we walk in and see her watching tv or playing with a toy like this:


Anyone have any advice for fixing a toddler's hair that is in an odd stage? Harper's hair is kind of a mullet right now, so when I put it in pigtails or a ponytail, it lasts about 2.5 seconds. Not to mention it's as slick as silk!


Clint had to work on New Year's Eve, so here is my date for the night! I'll tell you that Harper made it to 7:50 pm and I made it to about 10:00 pm!



I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Christmas spending time with family and friends. I am excited for the new year and all that is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment