Friday, January 10, 2014

Five on Friday

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

1. As much as I said that we would not let toys take over our house, I am eating my words. It's just out of control since Christmas and Harper's room is just FILLED with stuff everywhere. We have decided to turn our front bedroom/office into a playroom, so I am selling our desk and bookcase and buying some of these storage units from Ikea.


They have lots of different sizes/configurations and colors, so I'm not exactly sure yet what we are going to go with, but something like what is pictured above. I think these will be great to contain all of her toys and keep some order and organization. I also saw some super cute canvas prints and decorations in Hobby Lobby the other day that would be super cute for a playroom.

2. Even though we are making that room into a playroom, I still need somewhere to put our computer and printer. Our computer will also play DVDs, so I thought it would be good to have it in there instead of putting a TV. I want something that looks a little antique and shabby chic. I guess I'm going to have to peruse some of our local flea markets and antique malls.



That second picture is a desk that is actually for sale about 45 minutes from our house. I'm thinking I might need to make a trip there this weekend :) I could change the hardware, and it would be perfect!

3. I confess that I'm a little glad to be back in our normal routine after the holidays. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the holiday season and love seeing family and friends and spending time with everyone. The OCD in me loves routine too though :)

4. Our company is about to start a new Wellness Program and as a result, they offered us Fitbits for a discounted price. I just got mine yesterday, and I already love it! It's really interesting to see how many miles I walk each day and how many calories I burn just walking around my office building or doing "chores" at home. 


5. I am SO excited that is finally Friday! After being off for so long and only working a few days last week, a full week of work has been torture, haha. We are also supposed to have some really pretty weather this weekend- highs of 55 and 60, so we may even get to try out some of Harper's outside toys she got for Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment