Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Playroom Ideas

Happy Wednesday! I had to travel to Austin last week for work and now that I'm recuperated, I have to go back for a couple of days on Sunday! In the midst of the travel though, I have been working on getting Harper's playroom put together. I sold all of the office furniture we had in there and have bought some furniture and decorative items to try out. The only thing I'm waiting on is the new rug, and I really need that to come in, so that I can see how it pulls the whole room together.

I have bought several canvas prints and a few lamps from Hobby Lobby. I'll be returning some of it, but I need to see what looks the best. I got these spice racks from Ikea to use as book shelves as well.


I'm planning to paint these the same color as our trim and make a little "reading corner" under the bamboo chandelier we have in the corner of the room now. I thought it would be the perfect place for those shelves and her little chair :)

I also ended up buying the Ikea storage unit that I talked about in my last post, and it's perfect! I love how it looks and how much storage it has. Harper likes to dump all of her toys out of the bins and sit in them though!



This is the rug that I'm waiting on, and I think it will be perfect for that room. It's fun and bright.


I got a great deal on the green and white desk that was for sale locally, and I love how it looks. It's a great size for the computer and looks very vintage.


The last thing I saw on Pinterest that looked super cute was using a curtain rod to display kid's artwork. This would be so easy, so I'm going to do this if I have enough wall space left.


Now all I have to do is get it all put together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment