Friday, September 6, 2013

Blog Initiation- Post #1

I finally gave in. I have joined the world of blogging.

For several years now, I have read blogs. I have my favorites- some are family and friends, some strangers. You know, it's funny how you can find complete strangers and become so interested in their lives. You find that you have so much in common and just seem to connect. You're excited when they get engaged and love to read all of their wedding planning posts. You can't wait to see the wedding and honeymoon pictures. You're excited when they get pregnant and can't wait for those weekly "Bumpdate" posts.

Then there's your family and friends. It's so great to be able to keep up with the lives of those that you may not see very often. That's my initial reason for creating this blog.

We have so many family members that we don't see very often, even though most are within an hour's drive. Life gets hectic and busy, and it doesn't seem that you can take 30 minutes or an hour out of your week to talk on the phone and update all of them about what's going on in your life. I hope this blog serves as an "update" of sorts for all of those family and friends that we don't always talk to or see.

I won't make any promises, but I will make my best effort to post a couple of times a week, as long as there's something worthy of posting! I hope to keep you all updated on our lives, what Harper is up to and how we are all doing. Also, keep an eye out for some tasty recipes, new outfits, wish lists, favorite baby/toddler items and opinions on the latest hype or trends!

So, in the words of the Terminator, "I'll be back."

 

1 comment: