Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Freezer Meals

I have seen lots of pictures on Pinterest lately of these people who spend a large part of one day preparing somewhere around 50 meals that they can freeze and then thaw out as they choose and throw in the crock pot, oven or on the stove! Every time I see it, it intrigues me. Since my commute home everyday is between 50 minutes-1 hour, I don't really have the time or feel like cooking a big meal every night. I do want to make good, healthy, wholesome meals for my family though. I think this would be a great way to make life easier and have good food on the table! Also, it will be nice not to have all the dishes, pots and pans to clean up every night.

I started doing a little more research on it and decided, why not give it a try? One person who posted said they only spent $130 for 46 meals. I do believe them, however I'm not sure I'll be that successful in saving money, but I will try! I'm not so good at looking at what's on sale and what the meat specials are and planning my meals around that. Really I decide what sounds good to me, and then make a grocery list for those meals.

So, I've recruited my mother-in-law and her sister, Clint's aunt, to help and participate. We're going to try this out on October 19th and see how it goes. I'll make sure and give an update with some pictures :)

Has anyone tried this before, even on a smaller scale?



2 comments:

  1. I ried again, had a long one too but I will redo later, must get ready to pick up Kelly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just read your latest post...I agree Harper is beginning to look like a little girl...In an earlier comment that failed I mentioned how Tony called me so shocked that you could add all the new pictures..he said it made him want to come see her...I just looked through the costumes on TJ Maxx site...they are really cute and very reasonable...I know you already have her costume..she will look so cute in her wagon. How is your freezer meal project coming along...it is a great idea. I fixed your Taco Soup recipe for all of us on Sat night while Kelly was home...I made Broccili cornbread to go with it...everyone really loved the soup. I so enjoy all the pics of Harper and with the ones your mom takes it really helps us keep up with her changes. Give Clint and Harper big hugs...Love you, Nana....I forgot to tell you I am playing around with making pillows our of consignment and thrift store dresses and skirts (I can find them for 1 or 2 dollars)...I found fabric to really be expensive and there is some great fabric in clothes plus the trims and buttons to use also. With one I had enough to make Harper a skirt. I will bring it or send it with Tony. It might not fit her until next summer.

    ReplyDelete