Friday, November 1, 2013

Five on Friday

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

I cannot believe it is already November! This year has just flown by. Although I love the Holiday season, I just wish I could push the pause button every once in a while to just "sit back and smell the roses."

1. We didn't quite do the trick-or-treating that we planned last night. We were going to go visit family, and then go to a few houses in our neighborhood. Once we headed out though and made our three stops, it was already almost bedtime for Harper and she was getting really sleepy. I haven't been out on Halloween in years and I'm just going to say, it's was SO BUSY! I can't believe how crowded the roads were and how many kids (and adults) were out and about. I didn't have time to upload all of my pictures from last night, but my plan is to get them posted on Monday.


2. I'm excited to say that I already have all of my Christmas shopping DONE! I know, crazy right? I LOVE giving gifts, so I always know way ahead of time what I want to buy for those on my shopping list. I also like to just really sit back and enjoy the Holiday season without having to worry about getting out and shopping every weekend. Isn't this an adorable idea that you could give to your friends for Christmas?


3. I'm an avid reader, although I don't get to read as much anymore as I used to. It really happens in phases. I'll get really into a book and finish it in 2-3 days; then I won't read again for three months. If any of you are readers though and haven't read the Divergent series by Veronica Roth, you should. It's different and a little on the futuristic/sci-fi side, but it's really good. I just finished the last book of that series yesterday.


4. We were originally going to go to the Razorback game in Fayetteville this weekend but decided not to. We just really weren't that excited about going and wanted to spend the weekend all together since Clint is off tomorrow and Sunday. I ended up being able to sell our tickets and instead, we are going to go to the annual Family Picnic that my company does each year. It's always really fun with games, face painting, rides, bingo and good food. The weather is supposed to be really pretty, and I think Harper will love getting to run around and see all the people and kids.

5. This is what the house looks like when Daddy keeps Harper before Mommy gets home. Haha- now I know why he calls me when I'm about halfway home to ask how far away I am. He's gotta get the house picked up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment